#amreading Practically Neighbors by Sarah Smith

#amreading Practically Neighbors by Sarah Smith

Last look at Dallas…what a beautiful sunset. I may have taken some artistic liberties while editing this photo because I was having too much fun with it.

If you follow me on Instagram and Twitter than you might already know about my current read. I am so excited about this one! This one is so special and I can’t believe this opportunity has come my way. When I first started Literary Dates, I couldn’t have imagined that authors would notice and even if they had, I couldn’t have imagined the nice compliments I would have gotten from many of them. But now I’ve gotten the biggest compliment ever. A very talented author (and friend)who has followed my Literary Dates from the beginning asked me if she could write a short story set in NYC just so I could do a book tour. I can’t believe that!

Sarah Smith has been my biggest support and I’m so grateful to her. I often say because it’s true, that I might not have continued doing these tours had it not been for Sarah’s support. After my first tour, I loved doing it and writing it up…I was feeling so proud but then I posted it and…crickets. However, a few days later, I got the most incredible comment from Sarah. One simple, encouraging comment is all it takes. Thank you, Sarah!

Since then I’ve been following Sarah on her blog, Sarah Writes Smut. I’ve been devouring all her sexy fun time stories. I did not know how much I’d enjoy smutty romances, but oh boy…they make me blush, but I’m all in! Sarah has made me a fan. She also published her first book called Faker and it’s coming out soon! I can’t wait!

When Sarah reached out to me, she wanted the setting of her story to be in a place I loved. Like perhaps my neighborhood? Yas! My heart belongs to Brooklyn. I’ve lived in my current Brooklyn neighborhood for about 3 years and I do really like it, but I lived in my last neighborhood for 8 years. I loved that area so much and seriously miss it. I take every opportunity to get back there. Therefore, Practically Neighbors, is set in my old neighborhood, Boerum Hill in Brooklyn. Awesome! I lived right in between Boerum Hill and Cobble Hill so I consider both those spots my old neighborhood. They are amazing neighborhoods, although I may be a bit biased. I can’t wait to show you all them!

More importantly, I’m very excited to share with you Sarah Smith’s short story, Practically Neighbors. I’ve read the first installment already and dying to read the rest! It shouldn’t be a surprise, but it is smutty. So be prepared for Lots.Of.Smut. #LOS🔥

For a while, the main character sounds a lot like me- succumbing to online dating and only dates one guy at a time but wants to shake things up by keeping her options open. Then she connects with hunky Harker who sounds perfect to me. He’s into hiking and fosters cats and dogs!? Good job Sarah for bringing my fantasy to life! It’s like you know me!

My similarities with the main character end there because what she does next…well, you’ll just have to read for yourself!

Without further ado, here are the links to Practically Neighbors:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Monday

Find Sarah on Twitter to make sure you don’t miss an installment – @authorSarahS

And if you didn’t get to read my last tour, which was inspired by Colleen Hoover’s book Confess, you can check it out here. I flew to Dallas for that one.

As always, here are some pictures you didn’t get to see from that tour:

#amreading Practically Neighbors by Sarah Smith

I’m so slow at getting ready that Kerri had time to weed her backyard while waiting for me. Oops. I need to move faster!

#amreading Practically Neighbors by Sarah Smith

I took this picture because it’s a throwback to my I Heart New York Tour.

#amreading Practically Neighbors by Sarah Smith

Scooters were everywhere in Dallas!

#amreading Practically Neighbors by Sarah Smith

#amreading Practically Neighbors by Sarah Smith

#amreading Practically Neighbors by Sarah Smith

I want to ride in the Batmobile!

#amreading Practically Neighbors by Sarah Smith

#amreading Practically Neighbors by Sarah Smith

#amreading Practically Neighbors by Sarah Smith

That’s all from Dallas! I’m so excited to be back in NYC for my next tour and in my old neighborhood!  It’s been too long, New York. Thank you so much Sarah for this unique opportunity. Can’t wait to read the next installment of Practically Neighbors!

34 Comments

1. May 19, 2019 / 4:43 pm

OMG Lauren!! You have no idea what it means to see my writing mentioned on your incredible site! I still remember your first post…you hooked me right away! SO excited to see you explore your old neighborhood, absolutely cannot wait!! Thank you SO much for your unbelievably kind words–you are amazing!

Okay, stunning photos of Dallas as usual! You seriously can make any place look stunning with your photography skills! And OMG that pic of that dog…too cute!

May 25, 2019 / 11:49 am

Aww thank you! You are seriously the best! Your support has meant the world, you have no idea! And now this!? I can’t believe it! I can’t wait to go on this tour! The only thing that is delaying it is my pesky parents in town wanting to take me to Broadway shows. Those jerks! 😉

2. May 23, 2019 / 1:24 pm

I apologize for my delayed comment. It’s been one of those week’s and I’ve been trying to focus on my blog stuff because I’m so behind. I did read this the day it came out and I was bursting from excitement! Okay, so I need to go to Sarah’s site to read this short story and this is on my to-do list for the weekend. I am sooooo looking forward to this tour!

Love all the extra pics of Dallas. Always so fun.

May 25, 2019 / 11:52 am

You never need to apologize because you’re so awesome for continuing to encourage and motivate me! Thank you! I can’t wait for your next post! I know about feeling behind. I’m trying not to worry about it. Want to go at my own pace and keep having fun with it.

Ohhh you just wait until you read this steaminess. I don’t know if I should take dating advice from the heroine but maybe I should. 😍😉🔥

3. May 24, 2019 / 3:19 pm

Harker is HOT and he bakes? Ohhhh girl… I only perused Friday so far. How cool!! P.S. I have to let that image digest. Hehehe.

As I scrolled down to write this, I had to laugh at the hashtag #dogstalker lol. Now I totally get why you want to learn Snakish.

Yup, I want to ride in the Batmobile too.

Maybe you should start a short story series on the blog about online dating?! I’d be so down for that. You could be all like Sex in the City, typing away and drinking your champagne ice cream floats… I can see it now!

It’s so cool that you are “kinda” featured in these stories and that they take part where you live/used to live.

I had no idea that when I started book blogging, I’d connect with authors. It truly is the best. Whenever I see my blog name on the back of a book or tied to a publisher page, I just die. Who knew!?!

I love this! Congrats!

May 25, 2019 / 11:59 am

Harker sounds so amazing!! I NEED to find a Harker! Haha! Yes, Sarah always has steamy hot pics to go along with her stories.

I’m such a dogstalker! Dogs are totally my thing. My new tag line should be books, dogs, and ice cream floats! 😉

Sometimes I work in my singleness into my posts- or searching for guys during my tours, haha I don’t know. My I Heart New York Tour had the guy angle. I don’t know if I could get back to doing a dating blog because I have not even been able to motivate myself to get back out there. Maybe after I get my hair done next week. 😉

I very excited to go back to my old ‘hood for this tour! It’s a great neighborhood and the surrounding areas too. Can’t wait for people to see there’s more to NYC than just Manhattan. 😊

Isn’t it so cool how blogging has opened up the world and brings things your way that you didn’t know could be possible? It’s so fun!

Thanks for reading! I’m so glad I’ve virtually met you! One day irl!😍

• May 26, 2019 / 6:35 pm

It’s so funny that you wrote about dog stalking and then I saw your Book of Mormon picture…lol. You can integrate your dog stalking pics into IG. Hehe.

That’s a fabulous new line. You crack me up. I’m still dying over today’s IG caption. That was legit the BEST.

We should get our hair done together…I haven’t been to the hairdresser in over a year. How embarrassing is that? I’m trying to grow it before they chop it all off and before I have to start dyeing it, which is sadly needed soon.

May 26, 2019 / 6:57 pm

I’m a major dog stalker. I should post more in my feed. I have a few!😊

Haha! I’m glad my post made you laugh! I have to laugh at myself! Poking fun at myself is my fallback talent. 😉

Your hair looks great. I never would have noticed. You’ve got that naturally healthy, perfect hair! Well, if you want to go at the same time as me, my appointment is this Thu! 5:30pm so hurry up and make your appt!

4. Huda
    May 27, 2019 / 11:41 am

That batmobile though!! Ahhh what a great post. I really enjoyed it 🙂

May 27, 2019 / 8:11 pm

Thank you so much for checking it out!!

5. May 28, 2019 / 10:36 am

Loving your pictures, they are so much fun and you’ve edited them up perfectly (even if you took some liberties with it lol)! I think everyone needs to kick back and enjoy a little ‘smut’ at one point or another hahaha

May 29, 2019 / 8:49 am

Hahaha! Yes! 100% agree! Thanks so much for reading. Glad you liked it!

6. May 29, 2019 / 8:29 am

Great post and great pictures.

May 29, 2019 / 8:48 am

Thanks so much for reading!

7. May 29, 2019 / 11:31 am

Really lovely post! I’ve been to Dallas before and your photos definitely capture the spirit well.

May 29, 2019 / 6:06 pm

That means a lot! Thanks so much!

8. May 29, 2019 / 11:59 am

Well done and what great photos you take. Such a wonderful post.

May 29, 2019 / 6:06 pm

Thank you! I appreciate your sweet compliments. 😊

9. May 29, 2019 / 12:38 pm

This was a fun post – love that batmobile

May 29, 2019 / 6:05 pm

Thank you so much for reading it!

May 30, 2019 / 6:19 am

Thanks so much!

10. May 30, 2019 / 12:33 am

Those photos are absolutely amazing! And what a fun post. I have family in Houston, so I love Dallas too!

May 30, 2019 / 6:20 am

Thank you! I’m so glad you liked it! Thanks for checking it out!

11. Robin Taylor
    May 30, 2019 / 1:11 am

Thanks for sharing.

May 30, 2019 / 6:20 am

Thanks for reading!

12. May 30, 2019 / 2:11 am

Lovely photos. Thanks for sharing your post.
    Gemma @ Gemma’s Book Nook

May 30, 2019 / 6:21 am

Thank you so much! Thanks for visiting.😊

13. May 31, 2019 / 10:22 am

Beautiful pictures! I’ve never been to Dallas, but now I really want to go!

June 2, 2019 / 6:08 pm

Thank you! I was pleasantly surprised by Dallas!

14. May 31, 2019 / 12:22 pm

This sounds like a really enjoyable book! Your photos are gorgeous as well, you’re a talented photographer.

– Nyxie

June 2, 2019 / 6:07 pm

Thank you so much for your compliments! Thanks for checking out my post too!

15. June 4, 2019 / 5:58 am

Great post! Love all your photos! x

June 4, 2019 / 12:25 pm