#amreading You by Caroline Kepnes

Central Park Upside Down

Time to start a new book! I’ve been a bit under the weather so haven’t been able to completely dive into this book yet. I have read a little bit though and I am very intrigued already.

Since Halloween is coming up, I thought it would be cool to dive into a good thriller this month. That’s why I’ve chosen to read You by Caroline Kepnes. I have Twitter friend Meredith Golden @mergoldenSMS to thank for this book suggestion. Thank you Meredith!

On to the book!

This is the classic tale of boy meets girl…and then boy becomes obsessed with girl, googles her address, camps outside girl’s apartment in different disguises and then they fall madly and deeply in love? Ummm…can’t wait to find out!

While being sick at home and marathon watching Gossip Girl, I wondered what ever happened to actor Penn Badgley? Funny I should ask. He happens to be starring in the Lifetime series that is based on this book. I don’t know how I missed the fact that the book had been turned into a show when the series is mentioned on the cover of the book, but I did! So after reading, I guess I’ll have to watch the show too! Well, as you can see, I obviously enjoy TV and Penn Badgley, so I’m looking forward to it!

I can’t wait to see what kind of NYC tour this book will take me on! If you didn’t read my last tour post, you can read it here. I read the book New York, Actually by Sarah Morgan and it brought me to the Upper East Side to Central Park and the Met Museum.

Here are some pics that didn’t make it on my last tour:

Fashion on the Upper East Side

Bethesda Fountain in Central Park

Another shot of Bethesda Fountain. I can’t help it! Love this fountain.

Central Park Boaters

Central Park and Magic with Bubbles

This picture was in my original tour post, but I had a tough time deciding between this version and the full color version that made my post. Which do you like better?

The Met Museum

Yup, I’m sharing this one because of the cute dog. You know me so well!

The Met Museum

Just playing around with cool effects. You like? This captures on top of the Met and inside the Met.

That’s all for now! Make sure to come back for my book review and full tour post. As always, thanks so much for reading! ❤️

14 Comments

1. October 9, 2018 / 1:42 pm

Ooohhh a thriller? I’m excited! Stunning pics as always!

• searchingforhumor5
      Author
      October 10, 2018 / 9:33 am

Yeahhh!! I am too! Thank you thank you!! ❤️

2. October 10, 2018 / 11:01 am

Ordered. Although, I reserve the right to read the end first. I don’t usually read thrillers. My interior monologue gives me enough agita without adding more.

• searchingforhumor5
      Author
      October 10, 2018 / 9:03 pm

You’re awesome I love that you’re reading the books too! Haha ohhh no you’re gonna read the end?! Awww well I totally understand. It was giving me a bit of agita and soon it probably will again. If it makes you feel better, it’s actually a humorous thriller. Who knew that could be a thing!?
      Good luck! 😉

3. Joan
    October 14, 2018 / 7:29 pm

Hi! I just discovered you, recommended by a friend. I have “You” on reserve at our library and will read it as soon as it arrives. I don’t read endings first, but often find I can’t put the book down until I get to the end.

• searchingforhumor5
      Author
      October 14, 2018 / 10:30 pm

Hi! That is awesome! I’m so glad you’ve found me. Welcome! Can I ask who recommended me? Someone I know?

Haha! I sometimes have the same problem! Reading before bed doesn’t make me sleepy but I sure am the next morning!

• Joan
        October 17, 2018 / 5:02 pm

Yes. Katherine. Book now delivered to my local library. Will pick up tomorrow. 🤓

• searchingforhumor5
          Author
          October 19, 2018 / 12:20 pm

So awesome!!!

4. Joan
    October 14, 2018 / 9:27 pm

I just discovered your blog, recommended by a friend. I have “You” on reserve at the library and will read it as soon as I can pick it up. Looking forward to sharing the read with you and your followers. My reading style is beginning to end, no peeking. The downside is that I often find I can’t put the book down as I get toward the end. The upside is greater involvement. YMMD.

• searchingforhumor5
      Author
      October 14, 2018 / 10:32 pm

I’m SO glad you’re here!!!

5. October 17, 2018 / 9:00 am

This book actually sounds good. I’m always on a hunt for some new reads so posts like these are helpful.
    Also, really loved the pics just like your last post. New York is such a beautiful city. I really wish to visit someday. Do let us know what you think of the book! Xx

• searchingforhumor5
      Author
      October 17, 2018 / 9:42 am

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Glad you liked my post! You definitely should visit NYC! I will for sure update after I finish reading the book and do my tour! 😊

6. October 17, 2018 / 10:04 am

Sounds like a really good read and your photos are beautiful!

• searchingforhumor5
      Author
      October 19, 2018 / 12:20 pm

Thank you!! I just finished the book! It was good!