I cannot believe that I got nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award! This is so cool! This is my first blogger award! I’ve always seen these kind of posts since I started blogging but I didn’t think I’d get one myself. Hermione Quinn you made my day/week/month/year! Thank you thank you!!
If you haven’t checked out Hermoine’s site, My Suitcase & Me yet, you definitely should! Her way of describing her travels, transports you there and you almost feel like you’re on a vacation yourself while reading. I will definitely be referring back to her site with each new post and when I start traveling more. She also has an awesome post with travel tips that’s not to be missed.
Thank you again Hermione! You are so awesome!
The rules for the versatile blogger award:
- Thank the person who nominated you with a link to their blog
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate bloggers for the award
7 Things About Me
1. I love animals! I need a dog in my life again one day but until then, I enjoy dog stalking in NYC. I also get lots of time with my little dog niece Winni. I love her so much! I give her lots of belly rubs and we love to play water fetch! She doesn’t share her sticks though. 😒 When I’m in New Hampshire by the lake, I also spend lots of time with my chipmunks and my ducks! I’m proud to say I’ve pet a chipmunk. I can provide video proof upon request.
2. I work as a child life specialist in the hospital. Child life specialists support kids and families throughout their hospitalization. We help kids cope by bringing lots of play into the hospital! I’m about to start a new job working in the Emergency Department. I’m nervous!
3. Like Hermione, I’m also a vegetarian. I’m not the healthiest of vegetarians though. I eat lots of cheese and bread. And I will eat all of the guacamole. I’m sorry, did you want some?
4. I’m a germaphobe! Door handles are my nemesis. I’ll use whatever I have to in order to avoid touching the handle- a paper towel, my shirt, elbow, or even my knee. I will get through that door! When I go order food from a counter, I have to try not to watch them prepare my food. I’ve seen some very off putting things. I haven’t been back to my bagel place since I moved to my neighborhood 3 years ago because I watched someone sweep and clean and then prepare my bagel without washing her hands. Eww.
5. I used to be an actress. Mostly community theatre in Atlanta, Ga. I was real passionate about it in my teen years, even did a summer program in San Fransisco (that was a fun summer!), but I lost my drive for it during my young adult years. I used it as my reason to move to NYC, but I didn’t pursue it for long while I was up here. I auditioned for Broadway shows though and did a short little play at an Off off off Broadway theater. 😉 Acting was a great experience and I’m so glad I had that experience. Recently I took a couple of classes again and really liked it, but definitely know it’s not something I would seriously pursue again. It’s fun to dabble in, but I’m really happy that I have this blog to play around with. It’ll be fun to see where it takes me!
6. My favorite place to visit is Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire! It’s so beautiful and relaxing. I’m so lucky that I get to go there as often as I do. I go in the summer as much as my work schedule allows and often get to be there for Christmas when it’s a winter wonderland!
7. I LOVE the show Game of Thrones. I even dressed up as Khaleesi for Halloween one year. She’s the Mother of Dragons and I’m The Mother of Chipmunks.
My nominees are:
I can’t say enough good things about all these bloggers. They will entertain you, they will make you reflect, and they will send you to amazing places! All of them without a doubt are deserving of The Versatile Blogger Award. Besides being brilliant, they are also so supportive. What more could you ask for? There’s no obligation to carry on the post, but those who do, I can’t wait to read the 7 things about you!
Thank you again Hermione Quinn for this award! Don’t forget to check out her site here.