Lake Rules: Relax Relax Relax

Lake Winnipesaukee

I didn’t make up the rules, I just follow them. I think I got the rules off some sign and I wholeheartedly agree! It’s instant relaxation coming to Lake Winnipesaukee.

My regularly scheduled post has been delayed because I came up here to of course relax and celebrate Father’s Day and my birthday.  I’m just being nice, it’s all about my birthday. My gift to my father is me. 😉

Since I won’t have my Annie van post up yet, please check out my book review and sneak peek into my East Village tour inspired by the book, here. The full tour should be up by Sunday, cross your fingers!

Until then, I wanted to share a little bit of Lake Winni with you all. This post is dedicated to my awesome Twitter friend @teamechavarre. When I did my first tour inspired by a book set in NYC, the blog post got about 3 views, no lie. I felt a bit dejected and wasn’t sure if I would do it again. It was so fun and I loved doing it, but I wanted people to read it too. So then Sarah Smith comes along aka teamechavarre and she starts liking, retweeting, and commenting about how amazing it was. She made my day, week, year, everything! Since then I’ve kept it up and couldn’t be happier about it. Thank you Sarah for your continued support!

Sarah is also an awesome writer who is working on a book, which is sure to be just as awesome as she is. You can also check out her writing now by going to her smokin’ hot blog.

Sarah Writes Smut! Does she ever! Makes me blush. You will surely be tantalized so check it out here!

As promised to Sarah, here are my Lake Winni pics. Enjoy!

Lake Winnipesaukee sunset

I love when I get visits from mama ducks and her ducklings!

Lake Winni duck

This one is smart. On our deck, we have a bird feeder that a squirrel tries to hack into thus knocking lots of seeds on the ground below. The chipmunks below are happy about that and so is this duck!

Speaking of chipmunks…

Lake Winnipesaukee Chipmunk

Lake Winnipesaukee Chipmunk

When I’m here, I spend a lot of my time sitting in front of the lake reading and feeding the chipmunks. I end up spending more time feeding these guys because they keep coming back for more and more! They will run up right to my lap to get some seeds. I’m the chipmunk whisperer!

Lake Winnipesaukee

Enjoying some almond butter banana toast by the lake. Sorry chipmunks, this is my food!

Lake Winnipesaukee Loon

Can you see the loon?

Loon

Closer look!

When you hear a loon or two on the lake, that’s the ultimate relaxation moment.

If you’re curious, you can hear their sounds on this YouTube video.

Happy Birthday to me!

Best for last as always:

Winni

Winni

Winni Girl! She’s my little niece named after Lake Winnipesaukee. Love this girl!

That’s all for now. Might have some more Lake Winni posts this summer. I’m looking for a book set here, but don’t know if I’ve found a good one yet. We’ll see! I’m open to suggestions.

Don’t forget to come back for my #Annievan tour!

Thanks for reading! If you’re not currently by a lake, you can still find ways to work relaxation into your everyday life. I know I will try too when I’m back in crazy New York. Just think: relax relax relax.

Edit: #Annivan tour is now up!

Lake Winnipesaukee

20 Comments

1. June 19, 2018 / 1:58 pm

The pictures at the lake are so gorgeous. What a beautiful place to escape and relax.

And I agree, Sarah Smith is an amazing and supportive person.

2. June 20, 2018 / 1:19 am

You literally could’ve taken these pictures at my house!

• June 20, 2018 / 10:27 am

Oh yeah!? You must live in a pretty sweet place! I remember your pictures! I have to check out your posts again!

3. June 20, 2018 / 1:00 pm

Okay, first of all, incredible photos! Like, seriously stunning! You are incredibly talented, your photos are to die for!

Second, OMG you are incredibly kind!! Thank you for the amazingly kind words! Seriously, you are so freaking wonderful 😀 Your blog stands on its own for sure–it’s creative and touching with beautiful photos 🙂 I want as many people as possible to see it 🙂 Thank you for being the wonderfully kind and sweet person you are! I hope you’re having an amazing time at the lake with your loved ones!! Looks like an absolutely blast 😀

• June 20, 2018 / 3:09 pm

Thank you for your kind words! You always say such sweet things. I really appreciate your support! I cannot wait to read your book(s)! I know for sure I’ll love it and then I can’t wait to tell everyone how much I love it. Haha!
      Thank you thank you!! 😍😍😍

• June 20, 2018 / 3:16 pm

Oh my gosh, you are so sweet! Currently in the middle of revisions…my head is spinning and words are no longer making sense lol…but your support means everything!! MUAH!!! <3 <3 <3

• June 20, 2018 / 3:42 pm

Oh nooo! That sounds tough. I have no doubt though that it will all come together brilliantly!😍😍😍

• July 5, 2018 / 10:31 pm

The chipmunks are so cute! 😊 Love them!
      Thank you for checking out my blog and for the birthday wishes. 😍

4. July 16, 2018 / 5:33 pm

What beautiful photographs! And it does look relaxing… I wouldn’t mind going there right now so I actually can sit back and read a book without interruptions. Except from the chipmunk of course. 😉 thanks for sharing. Please continue to do the book tours. Don’t give up! It’s genius. 💛

• July 16, 2018 / 8:29 pm

Oh yes, the chipmunk is a constant distraction if you feed him. 😬 You can totally come! Fly over!

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I will definitely keep it up. In February it’ll be a year since I started doing the book tours. So I got a long way before I’ll even think about changing things up. I’d love to go international one day! 😍

5. September 20, 2018 / 1:29 pm

The lake looks beautiful. Being from the UK, we don’t get places like this. I love nature so would live to see chipmunks roaming around in the wild and would be so happy to hear a loon. I think they have wonderful call, if not a little bit haunting. But I have only ever heard it on TV. Hopefully that will change when we visit here. I can’t wait!

• searchingforhumor5
      September 21, 2018 / 11:51 am

I love chipmunks so much! They are adorable. And I love the sounds of the loons. Yeah, they do have a haunting sound with one of their calls and the other one is more of a cackle. It’s so interesting that they have that variety. I really should research it to find out why. I feel like the haunting one is how they find each other but that’s just a guess.

Lake Winnipesaukee is definitely a nice place to visit. You could stay in Meredith, Wolfeboro, or maybe Moultonbouro. Laconia too I think would work. Just make sure you’re right on the lake. And then there are lots of cool hiking spots you could drive to. Also little towns to shop in and great restaurants on the water.

So nice! 😊